Advice from the Students Association
Anna-Ruth Cockerham was the Director of Wellbeing and Equality for the Students Association during her time at the University of St Andrews. These are her 5 Tips for Freshers!
- Join a sports club- there are loads of different activities and sports to try. See: Saints Sport (st-andrews.ac.uk)
- Knock on doors to introduce yourself in your student accommodation! It might sound a little scary, but this can be a great way to meet people and socialise in your new living space. Everyone will be feeling a little bit nervous, making the first move and introducing yourself can help you form friendships.
- Go to Freshers Events- you will find out more about the events on offer at the beginning of term. this could range from sporting activities, leisure activities, trips into the local town and surrounding areas etc…
- Engage with the Careers Centre- you can find out how to do this here: Careers – University of St Andrews (st-andrews.ac.uk)
- Meet your Sabbatical Officer- you can find their details here: Officers (yourunion.net)
You can find out more about Anna-Ruth here: Anna-Ruth Cockerham – Shaw Trust Disability Power 100